Mayanti Langer, who was born on February 8, 1985, is an Indian sports journalist who works for STAR India and the Star Sports network in general. Mayanti is surely considered one of the most beautiful sports commenters in the world and among the sports presenter in IPL.
She has hosted a number of tournaments, including Football Cafe on Zee Sports, the 2010 FIFA World Cup broadcast on ESPN, the 2010 Commonwealth Games, the 2011 Cricket World Cup, the 2014 Indian Super League, the 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup, the 2018 Indian Premier League, the 2019 Indian Premier League, and the 2019 Cricket World Cup.
Mayanti Langer Wiki
Mayanti Langer Career
Her passion for football blossomed when she was in the United States. She was a member of her college football squad and served as a guest anchor for a FIFA beach football broadcast.
As a result of the broadcast’s popularity, she was given a position as presenter and associate producer for Football Cafe on Zee Sports. Langer went on to work for several Zee network football shows, offering analysis and interviews during pre-match, half-time, and post-match shows.
She was also the Zee Sports anchor for the Nehru Cup football event, which was held at the Ambedkar Stadium in New Delhi. She was a Zee Sports anchor for their coverage of the Indian Cricket League.
She hosted ESPN’s coverage of the 2010 FIFA World Cup in India, which included pre-match, half-match, and post-match commentary. For that episode, she co-led a panel of expert panellists with John Dykes.
Mayanti Langer also co-hosted the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi with Charu Sharma, as well as the 2014 Indian Super League, the 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup, the 2018 Indian Premier League, and the 2011 Cricket World Cup.
She is the daughter of Lt. Gen. Sanjiv Langer, a former army commander who previously served in the UN, and Preminda Langer. In 2012, Mayanti married Stuart Binny. In September 2020, their first child, a boy, was born.
- Mayanti Langer does not smoke.
- Mayanti spent the majority of her youth in the United States, where she was nurtured in a disciplined environment, as her father was a Lieutenant General in the Indian Army and her mother is a well-known teacher.
- Her father, Sanjiv Langer, has worked for the United Nations (United Nations).
She had an interest in football since childhood, played it in school, and even received training from the Super Soccer Academy in Delhi.
- She wanted to be a graphic designer until a sports station asked her to be a ‘guest anchor’ on their show ‘FIFA Beach Football,’ and she got bitten by the anchoring bug.
- She began her professional anchoring career on Zee Sports with the show ‘Football Cafe.’
- She co-hosted the Commonwealth Games in 2010 with Charu Sharma.
She debuted in the cricket world as an anchor for ESPN Star Sports during the 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup.
- She met Stuart Binny at a sporting event in early 2012, and the couple married after dating for around 6 months.
- Stuart Binny, her husband, is four months younger than her.