Shriya Pilgaonkar is a theatrical performer, director, and actor from India. She is the daughter of Sachin and Supriya Pilgaonkar, both actors. Here we will find Shriya Pilgaonkar Wiki, Height, Weight, Age, Husband, Boyfriend & other details.
Shriya Pilgaonkar Wiki
Shriya Pilgaonkar is the only child of Marathi and Hindi actors Sachin and Supriya Pilgaonkar. Pilgaonkar trained to be a professional swimmer as a kid, winning multiple medals while still in school.
Pilgaonkar took Japanese studies as a youngster because she hoped to become a translator or linguist when she grew up. Pilgaonkar then decided to pursue a different path and earned a bachelor’s degree in sociology from St. Xavier’s College in Mumbai. Pilgaonkar learned Kathak as a kid as well.
Pilgaonkar made her television debut at the age of five in the Hindi series Tu Tu Main Main as a youngster named Bittu. Pilgaonkar made her theatrical debut in Karan Shetty’s 10-minute short play Freedom Of Love in 2012. The piece was performed as part of the NCPA’s Short and Sweet Festival. She performed in the play by acting, singing, and dancing.
Pilgaonkar made her big-screen debut in 2013 with the Marathi film Ekulti Ek, after her performance in Freedom of Love. Swara, the daughter of Arun Deshpande (Sachin Pilgaonakar) and Nandini, is her character in the film (Supriya Pilgaonkar). Her father Sachin Pilgaonkar, who wrote, directed, and produced the film, offered her the role of Swara.
This film debut earned her six accolades. The Maharashtra State Government Award for Best Debut Actress, which she got at the 51st Maharashtra State Film Awards, was one of them.
Pilgaonkar went on to work on additional stage and cinema productions after her appearance in Ekulti Ek. Akarsh Khurana, a prominent theatrical actor, invited her to feature in Internal Affairs and Common People.
After acting in both, she was offered a role in the French film Un plus une, directed by Oscar-winner Claude Lelouch. She portrayed Ayanna, an Indian dancer and performer, in the film.
Pilgaonkar made her Bollywood debut in the 2016 film Fan, which was written and directed by Maneesh Sharma and produced by Aditya Chopra under the banner of Yash Raj Films. Pilgaonkar was chosen for her part from a pool of 750 females at an audition organized by Maneesh Sharma, and she regarded landing a role opposite Shah Rukh Khan to be a major accomplishment.
She portrays Neha, a Delhi-based call center girl and Gaurav’s companion, in the film. She was filming for both Fan and Un plus une at the same moment.
Shriya appeared as Sweety Gupta in the Amazon Prime India series Mirzapur Season 1 in 2018. The program was a huge hit, and Shriya quickly became a well-known figure among the general public. She starred in two Voot series in 2020: The Gone Game and Crackdown, the second season of which will be published later this year.
- Shriya Pilgaonkar does not smoke.
- Shriya Pilgaonkar does not use alcohol.
- Shriya Pilgaonkar is the daughter of well-known Marathi and Hindi television and cinema actors Sachin and Supriya Pilgaonkar.
- In 2013, she made her acting debut in her father’s Marathi film Ekulti Ek.
- She was a stage actor before becoming an actress, and she also directed a couple of short films.
- In 2016, she made her Bollywood debut in Shah Rukh Khan’s flick Fan.
- Throughout her childhood, she excelled in both academics and athletics.
- She is fluent in Japanese and previously aspired to be a Japanese translator.
- She appeared in advertisements for Rin Supreme, Amul Lassi, and Tata Sky Mobile.
- She appeared in the French film Un plus une, directed by Academy Award winner Claude Lelouche, in 2015.
- Forever21 is her favorite apparel retailer.
- She co-produced Panchagavya, a documentary film, and directed short films such as The Painted Signal and Dresswala.