On September 10, 1989, Catherine Tresa Alexander was born. She is a model and actress from India. She began her career primarily in Tamil and Telugu films, although she has also acted in Malayalam and Kannada films. Tresa has received Edison Awards in India and has been nominated for four Filmfare Awards in the South.
Catherine Tresa has been cast in a key part in Chiranjeevi’s next action thriller Mega 154. She will be featured in the film as the wife of Ravi Teja, who plays Chiranjeevi’s brother.
Catherine Tresa Wiki
Catherine Tresa Early Life and Career
Catherine Tresa was born in Dubai, UAE to Malayali parents, Frank Mario Alexander and Tresa Alexander, and grew up in a Christian home. She completed her secondary school in Dubai before relocating to Bangalore for further studies.
During her studies, she learned to play the piano and received training in singing, dancing, ice skating, and arguing. Tresa worked as an Emirates Environment volunteer in Dubai. Tresa performed some amateur modeling for fashion design graduate students when she was 14 years old.
She modeled for Nalli Silks, Chennai Silks, Fast Track, Josco Jewellers, and Deccan Chronicle after moving to India. She has also photographed for Srikantadatta Wodeyar’s Maharaja Calendar and has been in various ramp shows around India with Prasad Bidapa.
Tresa made her acting debut in the 2010 Kannada film Shankar IPS, co-starring with Duniya Vijay. Tresa later appeared in Malayalam films such as The Thriller and Uppukandam Brothers: Back in Action.
She played a role in the Kannada film Vishnu in 2011, which she described as “equally antithetical to her real life.”
It was followed by Sethu Sriram’s Kannada film Godfather, which starred Upendra and was directed by cameraman turned filmmaker Sethu Sriram. Tresa played the role of an older mentally challenged woman in the film. Her performance got her her first nomination for an award at the 60th Filmfare Awards South in the Best Supporting Actress category.
Passing away of her brother
Catherine’s brother, Christopher, committed suicide in December 2014 by hanging himself from the window bars in his student hostel room.
According to some sources, the actress’ brother, who was studying business at a private institution in Bangalore, had been suffering from depression and had no financial assistance from Catherine or his family. Catherine Tresa, on the other hand, denied all such charges and stated that she and her brother were on extremely excellent terms.
Tussle with Press
Deccan Chronicle, a reputable English newspaper, published a story in May 2016 ridiculing the actress’s terrible Telugu during her address at the success press conference for Allu Arjun’s ‘Sarrainadu.’
Catherine, enraged by such shoddy journalism, issued a statement, saying, “To the Hyderabad-based Deccan Chronicle. The depths to which you will sink in the name of journalism never cease to amaze me. To say I had no idea what my own lines in the picture meant demonstrates that you should not be writing at all. Common sense would indicate that I should know my lines before delivering them in the film. However, common sense and all types of reasoning are definitely absent in your instance.”
- Catherine Tresa does not smoke.
- Is Catherine Tresa a drinker? It is unknown.
- Catherine Tresa was born in Dubai to Malayali Roman-Syrian Catholic parents.
- Catherine completed her secondary education in Dubai. She subsequently relocated to Bangalore to further her schooling.
- Catherine is a multi-talented performer who excels at singing, dancing, debating, and ice skating.
- During her time in Dubai, she also volunteered for Emirates Environment.
- Catherine has previously modeled for businesses such as Nalli Silks, Chennai Silks, Fast Track, Josco Jewellers, and Deccan Chronicle.
- She once shed a few pounds to have a toned body for a calendar photograph.
- Catherine is well recognized for her performances in the films Godfather (2012), Chammak Challo (2013), and Madras (2014). (2014).
- The makers of the film Akhanda approached Nayanthara, Payal Rajput, Rakul Preet Singh, Catherine Tresa, and Sayyesha Saigal for the female lead, but all declined.
- Catherine also turned down NBK 106 opposite Balakrishna Nandamuri.
- Catherine Tresa stated in 2018 that she has anosmia. The loss of one’s sense of smell is known as anosmia. She is unable to detect any odour, pleasant or bad. One in every lakh babies is born with this defect.