Neeti Mohan is a singer from India. She is well known for her work in Hindi films, although she has also performed songs in Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Bengali, Marathi, Punjabi, and English. She was born in Delhi and was one of the winners of Channel V’s reality show Popstars before being chosen for Aasma alongside other show winners.
She gained prominence after singing “Ishq Wala Love” from Student of the Year (2012), which earned her the Filmfare RD Burman Award for New Music Talent. She was also nominated for Best Female Playback Singer for “Jiya Re” from Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012).
Music critics praised her performance of six jazz pieces on the soundtrack album of Amit Trivedi’s Bombay Velvet (2015). She won her second Filmfare nomination the following year for the song “Sau Aasmaan” from Baar Baar Dekho (2016).
Mohan participated as a coach in the first season of The Voice India Kids and the second season of The Voice India that year. Aside from her musical profession, she has been active in a number of charities and social concerns.
|Real Name||Neeti Mohan|
|Profession||Singer and Actress|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||18-Nov-1979|
|Birth Place||New Delhi, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|School||Birla Balika Vidyapeeth, Pilani|
|College||Mirande House, University of Delhi, New Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Graduate in Philosophy|
|Debut||Film – Socha Na Tha (2005) TV – Popstars (2003) Singing – Fruit & Nut (2009)|
|Father||Brij Mohan Sharma|
|Sister||Shakti Mohan, Mukti Mohan, and Kriti Mohan|
|Marriage Date||February 15, 2019|
|Net Worth||$1000000 to $3000000|
Early life and Career
Neeti Mohan was born in the Indian capital of Delhi. Brij Mohan Sharma, her father, is a government officer, and Kusum, her mother, is a housewife.
Neeti Mohan is the eldest of four sisters, the other three being Shakti Mohan, Mukti Mohan, and Kriti Mohan. Neeti Mohan began her musical studies at the Gandharva Mahavidyalaya. She was active in acting and dancing at the time, and singing was her “favorite pleasure.” She then transferred to Nalla Public School.
Mohan was a member of the school band and marched in the Delhi Republic Day parade for five years in a row during her school years. Mohan, persuaded by her father, participated in a variety of extracurricular activities during her school years, including singing, dance, music, and theatre.
She was named the top cadet in India’s National Cadet Corps and represented the country as a Youth Exchange Programme cadet. Later, she studied music professionally at the Bhatkhande Music Institute and continued her studies for five years in Mumbai under Rajashree Pathak.
Mohan learned to dance with her two sisters in addition to singing. Ashley Lobo supervised her training in Bharata Natyam and Kathak. Mohan served as an instructor there in addition to teaching children to dance. Mohan received his bachelor’s degree in philosophy from Miranda House, University of Delhi.
Mohan made her Bollywood debut in the Vishal–Shekhar-composed Student of the Year (2012), where she sang the sweet ballad “Ishq Wala Love” alongside Salim Merchant and Shekhar Ravjiani. She was next heard in A. R. Rahman’s composition “Jiya Re” from Jab Tak Hai Jaan.
Mohan appreciated Rahman calling her to record the song because she has showed “a lot of spirits” in the concerts she has done with him, and the song has a female played by Anushka Sharma who enacts the song “quite spunky.”
- Despite the fact that “Ishq Wala Love” was released first, Mohan’s first recorded Hindi song was “Jiya Re.” Mohan received the RD Burman Award for New Music Talent and was nominated for Best Female Playback Singer for her efforts in both songs at the Annual Filmfare Awards.
- Mohan also sang the chorus with Natalie Di Luccio in Raghav Sachar’s “Bittoo Sab Ki Lega” from Bittoo Boss, which was released the same year.
- During the year, she released her first single, “Ja Ja,” which was composed and written by Mohan with assistance from her father.
- The next year, Mohan provided vocals for Ayushmann Khurrana’s Punjabi song “Saadi Galli Aaja,” which Khurana co-composed, co-wrote, and co-sung.
- Mohan, Sundhi Chauhan, and Arijit Singh sang the song “Kashmir Main Tu Kanyakumari” for Vishal Shekhar’s Chennai Express.
- She also collaborated with Vishal Shekhar on two additional projects: Gippi and Gori Tere Pyaar Mein, for which she recorded “Dil Kaagzi” and “Naina.”
- As a result, she sang background vocals for Sonam Kapoor in Raanjhanaa’s “Nazar Laaye.”
Nihar’s friend was a member of Aasma, the band Neeti was in at the start of her career. He asked him several times to introduce them, but nothing came of it. He met her by chance in Goa at the same friend’s wedding, and their love story began there.
On February 15, 2019, Neeti Mohan married the love of her life, Nihaar Pandya at Falaknuma Palace in Hyderabad. After two years of wedded happiness, Neeti and Nihaar embarked on the path of motherhood on June 2, 2021, when they welcomed their little prince, Aryaveer Pandya.
They’ve been sharing charming pieces of their joyful family moments ever since. On February 15, 2022, Neeti and Nihaar celebrated their third wedding anniversary, and the adoring husband wrote a heartfelt message.
Neeti Mohan work for Social causes
- Mohan has donated to a number of causes in addition to her musical profession.
- In October 2014, she performed at the “Hum Hain Umeed E Kashmir” event in Ballia in an effort to raise funds for the rehabilitation of people affected by the Kashmir flood.
- The same month, Mohan took part in a musical event in New Delhi to raise cash for Assam’s flood victims.
- She performed at the Smile Foundation’s charity gala event in June 2016 to promote the goal of empowering impoverished children and youth.
- She cooperated with the United Nations on a project aimed at empowering women, combating human trafficking, and promoting gender equality in January 2017. Her song “Udne De” was chosen for the United Nations Voluntary Trust Fund Project “Music to Inspire-Artists Unite Against Human Trafficking.”
- Neeti Mohan does not smoke.
- Neeti Mohan does not use alcohol.
- Neeti was born into a musically inclined middle-class family with origins in Jaipur, Rajasthan. She and her sisters were raised in a rigorous and disciplined household.
- Her family used to take her to the Iskcon Temple in Vrindavan when she was a youngster. Her love in music was sparked by watching Lord Krishna’s disciples play the mridangam, sing, and dance.
- Neeti Mohan was a well-known vocalist at her school, having won several awards in school and inter-school singing competitions.
- Neeti Mohan has always admired her mother’s jewellery, and when she finished her 10th grade examinations, her mother gave her a gold necklace with her name engraved on it.
- Neeti Mohan was an enthusiastic participant in music, dance, theatre, and the National Cadet Corps throughout her undergraduate years (NCC).
- She chose to pursue a profession in music after seeing the American film ‘The Sound of Music’ (1965) and hearing A. R. Rahman’s music in Roja (1992) and Bombay (1995). Furthermore, she attributes her success as an artist to her college education.
- Gandharva Mahavidyalaya in New Delhi provided Neeti Mohan with vocal training.
- For a decade, Neeti Mohan studied Hindustani classical music.
- The year 2003 proved to be a watershed moment in her life when she became a co-winner of the ‘Channel V Popstars Season 2’ contest, which led to the formation of the band Aasma.
- She relocated from Delhi to Mumbai after joining the ‘Aasma’ band and began her professional music career.
- Her father encouraged and assisted her in the creation of her debut song, “Ja Ja,” which was released in 2012.
- She had a fantastic singing debut in Bollywood the same year, with her first two songs “Jiya Re” – Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012) and “Ishq Wala Love” – Student of the Year (2012) earning her various honors and acclaim.
- Neeti Mohan never leaves the house without a recording bag in her hand.
- Neeti Mohan adores dogs and owns a beagle named Frodo. Furthermore, she named him after her favorite Hobbit from the Lord of the Rings film (2001).
- Neeti Mohan is concerned about the environment and maintains a high standard of cleanliness. She also does not use plastic bottles and has a trash can in her car.
- The song “Dhadaam Dhadaam” from the film ‘Bombay Velvet’ (2015) is considered by Neeti Mohan to be the most challenging song of her career.
- Deepika Padukone met and fell in love with the model and businessman Nihar Pandya (Neeti’s Husband) when she was living in Mumbai after moving from Bengaluru. They had been dating for over three years and even shared a home before splitting up.
- She also with her sisters has been attached to Sadhguru’s save the earth movement.