The Khel Ratna Awards has been announced and there are 12 players who are getting it.
The Indian men’s hockey team won a bronze medal at the Olympics in Tokyo. R. Sreejesh receives the Major Dhyanchand Khel Ratna Award, the country’s highest sporting honor. The Union Ministry of Sports announced the award.
Aside from Sreejesh, 12 others will receive the award, including Neeraj Chopra, who won gold in the javelin throw at the Tokyo Olympics, Ravi Kumar Dahiya, who won silver in wrestling, and Lovelina Bolgohein, who won bronze in boxing. This month’s award will be presented on the 13th.
Below are the award winners and their sporting events,
- Neeraj Chopra (Athletics)
- Ravi Kumar Dahiya (Wrestling)
- Lovevina Borgohain (boxing)
- P. R. Sreejesh (hockey)
- Avani Lekhara (Paralympics shooting)
- Sumit Anthil (Paralympic Athletics)
- Pramod Bhagat (Paralympics (Badminton)
- Krishna Nagar (Paralympic Badminton)
- Manish Narwal (Paralympics shooting)
- Mithali Raj (Cricket)
- Sunil Chhetri (Football)
- Manpreet Singh (hockey)